Tinnitus: 5 Reasons for Ringing EarsFebruary 14, 2021
Your Headphones Could Be Causing Your Hearing LossApril 10, 2021
What you can do to ensure your hearing aids are sanitized and cleaned for optimum performance.
Your hearing aids can be a home for a whole mess of dirt and bacteria. If you don’t clean them often enough or properly, you can risk damage to your hearing aids, or to your overall health. Below is a step-by-step process to ensure your hearing aids are clean and sanitized for optimum performance.
- Put on a pair of disposable nitrile gloves.
- Wet a soft cloth with a 70-90% alcohol solution (isopropyl, Methyl or ethanol alcohol) with 10- 30% purified water.
- Clean the hearing aids thoroughly with the cloth until no debris is visible. Dispose of the cloth in the proper receptacle.
- Get a new cloth and wet it with the alcohol solution.
- Gently clean the hearing aids again, for 60 seconds, making sure that all the surfaces are cleaned with the alcohol solution.
- Do not submerge the hearing aids in the alcohol solution or any other fluid.
- Throw away the cloth and gloves in the proper receptacle.
- Place the hearing aids on a clean surface for a few minutes until completely dry.